Wednesday, April 28, 2010

God has a plan!

Two years ago, my dear husband forgot me on Mother's Day. Of course he didn't forget me. He forgot to get me a little present. I've told him that I will accept a pack of gum, as long as he doesn't forget. So...... he came in on Monday with a wrapped parcel in his back pocket. It was a book by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I read it, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best books that I have ever read. I really loved the book for three reasons. One was, that someone can read that book and learn how to accept Jesus as their personal savior. Two was, because it is a historical, and I love history. Three was because I felt a common bond with the characters and I needed to "see" how the main character learned to depend on the Lord instead of herself. I contacted Kim Sawyer, and now we have become very good friends. She came to my church for a ladies' retreat. It was absolutely perfect timing. I shared my dream of being a writer with Kim, and she has been very encouraging to me. I was able to attend the ACFW conference last year, and I learned a tremendous amount about writing. I forged friendships that are also inspirational to me as a Christian and a writer. I have so enjoyed everything I've learned on my journey thus-far. If Keith had not "forgotten" Mother's Day, then he might not have felt compelled to get me a present at the Christian Bookstore. I might not have read Kim's book, and I wouldn't have contacted her. I wouldn't have met her, and I would still be just dreaming of writing, and not pursuing it, still thinking that I didn't know where to start. Right now, the dream looks like it is attainable. I still have a ways to go, but I know that "God has a plan." Everything does happen for a reason, and I am looking forward to the next chapter in God's plan for me.
P.S.--Keith is off the hook for Mother's Day this year. I bought myself a new book by Miralee Ferrell, and some Yellow Box Shoes. So, I told him that he can rest---until my birthday.........

3 comments:

  1. Jalana, your post brought tears to my eyes, because you so clearly recognize God's hands gently guiding the pieces of your life puzzle into place. Your faith is a beautiful thing to witness. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this:) Glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story you tell! I am so glad to be walking the road with you dear friend. I love it that you can share the good that has come out of something which started off as a small ache. God has an amazing way of turning ashes to beauty!

    ReplyDelete