Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blessings are Meant to be Shared


I ran into an old friend a few weeks ago. When our eyes met across the top of the candy isle, we recognized each other and smiled. "Hey!, How are you?" he asked, coming around to my side and shaking my hand.
"I'm great!" I replied right back to him. "How are you?"

His smile softened and he said, "I'm blessed!"

I was on my way to get my kids, so I told him that it was good to see him, and I hurried off to the check out, thinking of how his answer had affected me. Being blessed is much better than being great. Suddenly I felt like his answer pleased God more than mine. It was as if he had taken more opportunities to thank God than I had. I resolved right then and there to share more of my blessings with others.
An opportunity came just as I was leaving the store. A lady I had not seen in at least a year approached me, asking how I was. I smiled and said, "I'm blessed." She smiled right back and said, "Aren't we all?" Oh, that felt good to hear that right back, when we could have been agonizing over how far away we had to park from the building. Feeling blessed is so much better.
So, when I finally reached my car and sat down in the driver's seat, I thought of everything that has transpired in my life, and how God's hand has been in all of it. I thought of all the times I have relied on God to meet my needs, and how every time He has come through. I thought of all of the ways that I can share my blessings with others, and I'm challenging myself to challenge others to see the blessings in their own lives each and every day, to not see things as luck. Luck has nothing to do with it. God's hand is at work in everything that transpires in our lives. We are all "blessed and highly favored!"

No comments:

Post a Comment