Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love is in the Air


Thinking of Valentine's Day is fun for me because I am a hopeless romantic. Lace, pearls, velvet, ornate carvings, old letters, calligraphy, ruffles, anything victorian are things that I think of around this time of year. And of course, I think of Love. I was a love at first, or maybe second sight kind of girl. My husband asked me to marry him 12 days after we met. And I said "yes." We had a fairytale wedding, complete with the Cinderella dress, yards and yards of tulle, roses, and three tier cake. I even wore a crown. I think of all of the Valentine's Days since we met. Honey has done fairly well at romantic presents. My favorite was a pink flowering shrub. He kept telling me to water it, so I did, and it died. The internet said that I overwatered it. How's that for romantic? Then there was the time that he bought me a beautiful ring with money I had put back in a savings account that he found one day at the bank and thought it was money we forgot about. Yes, those are the moments. He also bought me some very good praise and worship CD's. So all is not lost. This year, he wants to "go on a date." I'm thinkin that's a definite plan. I like that idea. Of course my idea of a romantic movie would be something by Nicholas Sparks, and his would be more like Steven Segal. Still, Honey is fun to be with, and dates are few and far between with 5 in tow. So..... Love is in the air, and I'm breathing it in.

1 comment:

  1. You guys in the US certainly know how to celebrate this day! Have fun, and savor the moment! A date sounds like a great plan :)

    ReplyDelete